This section gives you the most commonly used MySQL functions including aggregate functions, string functions, datetime function, control flow function, etc.
MySQL aggregate functions
- MySQL aggregate function - provides a brief overview of the most commonly used MySQL aggregate functions
- AVG - calculates the average value of a set of values or an expression.
- COUNT - count the number rows in a table.
- SUM - calculates the sum of a set of values or an expression.
- MIN - finds the minimum value in a set of values
- MAX - finds the maximum value in a set of values
MySQL string functions
- CONCAT - combines two or more strings into one string.
- LENGTH and CHAR_LENGTH - get the length of strings in bytes and in characters.
- REPLACE - searches and replaces a substring in a string.
- SUBSTRING - extracts a substring starting from a position with a specific length.
MySQL control flow functions
- IF - returns a value based on a given condition
- IFNULL - returns the first argument if it is not
NULL, otherwise returns the second argument.
- NULLIF - returns
NULLif the first argument is equal to the second argument, otherwise returns the first argument.